Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 8 Blog


When i was in high school I wasn't a big fan of book but until one day in my AP world history class the instructor handed us brand new books. The name of the book was "The Catcher in the Rye", I never heard of the book and the cover was pretty catchy itself. Every class, the instructor would play the audio book and the whole class would listen follow the reading. I could admit that "The Catcher in the Rye" was the very first book that I was interested in. The little foul language it had made it interesting and knowing he didn't give a crap about the people around him made it sound more like teenage years. Moreover,  the Captain Underpants series wasn't that bad but that's just my opinion. I read several books and I enjoyed them. When I read the Captain Underwear books I didn't think it was that bad, although there was little offensive language. The author could of raise the age group target audience by 3 or 4 years then it might of been okay but like I everyone has their own opinion and some parents will still not allow that type of language even though their child might be 13 yrs old.  I believe that everyone in the world is of course different and everyone was raised differently, so some people accept foul language in some books and other people don't accept that at all. Nudity of course is banned even if it's target audience is adults because teenagers can get there hands on the book and adults over thirty-five or so try to minimize the foul language, sexual explicit, homicide, suicide and
much more from the books that contain that type of content. For me limiting access to books is like you can't watching a rated R movie that you can't watch because you're under age but you beg your parent to take you and your parents says no. School libraries should know what kind of books they should put up on their shelfs like challenging books would work for all schools and public libraries. The only book I have in my home is a autobiography book about a football player name Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The only thing that this tells me that I am a football fanatic and I will probably buy another autobiography because I like to know people's background and seeing them go through phases and become what they are now in day.

   I believe what Jarvis said about that "Education lasts forever" is true because schools are never going fade away in millions of years. When children are young, they should pursue their dream and take the steps they need to reach that dream. "I have a dream" said Martin Luther King Jr but my dream was never fulfilled because the expectations were too high once it came to a certain age. When we are young it should be the time to experiment and demonstrate what we are capable of doing at a young age. It's upsetting that nowadays some parents ask their children what they want to be when they grow up and their children tells them they want to be president or something absurd that the parent blurs out "be realistic" and just puts the child down. Some parents want their kids to go to school instead of doing an activity they like and are passionate about. High school was one of those scene I wish i could erase because it was a waste. Like one of teachers told me "high school prepares you to become an american citizen that's all" and I do believe that because right after high school it was weird not being in class everyday from 8 am through 3 pm. College is very important and I believe college is way more useful than high school. From my point of view high school committees should take notes from college committees because if high school was like college then there wouldn't be so many dropouts and students would pay much more attention. On the other hand, college is ridiculously expensive in the US; meanwhile, in Europe it's a little ways from free. Lower college fee like Europe does would help everyone that was crumbled and thrown away like they were useless and let that person shine bright because what he/she wanted to be when he/she was a child. A few hundred dollars for a term in college would be nice. I never thought I'd have to sign up for the military so I can be allowed to go college and be able to get government financial help. I would change that because there's no need on forcing young adults to sign up for military unless if they want to. I mean I came from a poor family and I had to sign those papers so I could continue my education soon accomplish my goal. Everyone has their own opinion and just to let you know, this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment