Monday, November 30, 2015

OMG It's Music!

When I was younger I would like to listen to artists that their album were explicit. I don't know why but it always grabbed my attention but of course I wasn't old enough to buy the disc. I was introduce to Eminem by a friend of mine that was a bit younger than I and at that moment my friend had "Superman" playing and i asked who was singing it and he told me "Eminem". After I asked my friend to let me borrow his cd and kept getting attached to Eminem's songs. Knowing that my parents wouldn't allow me to listen to music that had foul language. I just listen it to myself alone and they thought I would become and rebel towards them but I wasn't. I liked the beat to his songs and the more I listened to him; the more I understood the meaning of his songs. From the interviews I've seen Eminem in he isn't a bad person at all, the only thing bad is his past. He didn't choose that life, that life chose him.

I was raised in the late 90's and early 00's, the style in those days were saggy pants and large shirts that reached to a person's knees. Gangs were at a high and people were joining them to feel secure after what happen to N.W.A in the late 80's and early 90's. Rap was developing and later was known all around the world. Alternative rock was still raising, although bands like Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Thirty Second To Mars, and blink-182 were pushing rock to a new level. My favorite band is Linkin Park and that was the only band I listen to. The rest of the bands in the early 00's were great but I was more into hip-hop/rap and alternative rock. The rappers that truly get my attention is Eminem, Jay-Z, T.I, and Kanye West. Hip-hop/rap has evolved to a better and cleaner genre, which is smart to do because that's where the talent of the artist comes out and make themselves shines brighter than ever before.

It would be a great idea to have a campus radio but I wouldn't happen to know if it would be feasible or not. However, I believe that the programmings that the radio should have playing is all sorts of programs. My personal favorites are sports and music. If there was a LBCC radio then it should provide local news, local/nationwide sports, and of course local student news. I believe that sports and music should be in the lists of recommendations for upbringing radio stations in college campus.

The way I believe funding the local radios would be car washes, create events that people would come watch and donate, and local business should consider advertising their company on air to bring in more consumers. Students could make charity matches for the local station. Some local radio stations have participated in school sport events and try to get people who are on the road or at home to tune into their station.

No comments:

Post a Comment